- Legal Solutions
TKH Corporate & Legal Solutions: Fulfil the Legal requirementof the Corporate
TKHCorporate & Legal Advisory and Solutions is a full service Corporate Legal consulting arm of ‘The Knowledge House’.
We areactive in practically all areas of corporate laws and are equally experienced in both litigation and non-litigation work with specialization in the areas of business restructuring, intellectual property management, mergers, acquisitions & takeovers, to name a few. Our experience ranges across a wide spectrum of businesses such as Real estate, Hospitality, Information Technology, Telecom, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Automobiles and Financial Services.
Webelieve in & practice the mantra of providing business oriented practical solutions to intricate & complex corporate & legal issues. As part of its business philosophy, we believe in providing consultation and active counselling to its clients, which facilitates speedy resolution to the given business challenges in a time & cost efficient manner.
Our aim is to maintain high standard of integrity and impart best professional services to our clients. The firm aspires to excel, in all its professional endeavors and is committed to the philosophy of providing tailor-made business solutions of the highest quality and chalking out creative solutions to suit client needs
- Key Strengths
Key Strengths / Skill Sets of TKH Legal Solutions inter-alia are:
- Business Strategies, Legal evaluation leading to decision-making & Implementation;
- International Listings & Domestic IPO's;
- Corporate restructurings –Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Hive offs;
- Incorporating overseas companies, Funds and multi-layered, tax efficient International Corporate Structures in countries i.e. UK, Netherlands, US, Cyprus, Isle of Man, Jersey, Cayman Islands, Mauritius, Singapore, Sri-Lanka;
- Exposure to International & domestic corporate & commercial laws, Inbound and Outbound Foreign Exchange related regulations etc;
- Strategic negotiations & drafting of International & Domestic contracts of all sorts such as Joint Ventures, Shareholders, Foreign Collaborations, Business specific contracts;
- Statutory Compliances & Corporate Governance Issues;
- Well networked with domestic & International Law Firms and Investment & Merchant Bankers.
- Areas of Practice
Areas of Practice
Areas of Practice ofTKH - Corporate & Legal Advisory and Solutions inter-alia include securities laws, corporate laws, foreign exchange laws, banking and insurance laws, consumer laws, commercial litigation and intellectual property laws.
1. Securities Laws
· Advising on laws relating to raising capital in India & abroad;
· Offshore and Domestic Fund Advisory;
· Setting up of Offshore and Domestic investment funds, companies;
· Advising on SEBI and Stock Exchange compliance and listing related matters;
· Legal Due Diligence including for capital raising;
· Processing cases for registrations / approvals from SEBI / Stock Exchanges;
· Representation before SEBI in various proceedings;
· Arbitration matters between stock brokers inter-se and stock brokers and clients.
2. Corporate Laws
· Company / LLP incorporation and related matters
· Company Secretarial compliance
· Corporate restructuring
· Advising on IPO and PE fund investment related matters
3. Banking and Insurance Laws
· Advising on various banking and insurance products
· Drafting of Agreements
· Advising on Securitization, Enforcement of Securities and Lender Liability Laws
· Due Diligence in the matter of home loans, property loans
· Preparation of Title Reports
· Appropriate Documentation / Conveyancing
· Representing Banking and Insurance Companies before Consumer Forum and High Court
4. Intellectual Property
· Registration of various forms of Intellectual Property including trademarks, copyrights, patents, etc.
· Drafting of Intellectual Property Management Policies for Corporate
· IPR Acquisition and Assignment
· Appearing before Registrar of Trademarks and Patents and Intellectual Property Appellate Board
5. Foreign Exchange and Consumer Laws
· Foreign exchange laws consultancy and compliance in respect of inward and outward of flow of foreign exchange vis-à-vis India
· HR related matters - Recovery of legal dues from vendors, ex-employees etc.
· Drafting and pursuing notices for dishonor of cheques
· Arbitration matters
- Summarized Work Expertise
Summarized Work Expertise
Summarized work expertise of TKH - Corporate & Legal Advisory and Solutions relating to various domains inter-alia includes
a) Negotiations and Drafting:
(i) International and domestic business transactional negotiations & contracts management having substantial commercial & legal implications viz. shareholders, Joint Ventures, Financial & Technical collaborations, Loan Facility, Security documents, Joint Development Agreements, Project Management Agreements, Business Re-Organizations/ Mergers, Business hive offs, Acquisitions & Takeovers, etc.
(ii) Specialized business/ sector specific contracts related to (I) Financial Sector (such as investment of funds by a mutual fund in various debt and equity instruments such as PTCs, NCDs, Private Equity, Unsecured Debt, etc); (II) Real Estate (such as land / SPV acquisitions and disinvestment through stake sale, etc); (III) Telecom (such as Interconnect agreements with voice & data carriers, IPLC contracts, Bandwidth Sale/ Purchase, etc); (IV) IT & ITES (such as Software Development, Offshore contracts, IPR etc).
(iii)Other miscellaneous & general business related contracts and documentation.
b) Legal and Secretarial Due Diligence: Legal and secretarial due diligence of companies, due diligence of land parcels and liaison with law firms in respect thereof.
c) Property related matters: Drafting and vetting of leases / license and their registration, drafting of sale deeds / letters of intent / memorandum of understandings, land acquisition exercise, agreements for joint development & project management services pertaining to real estate sector.
d) Legal Interpretation and analysis: Research on domestic and international legal frameworks, interpretation of relevant laws / statutes, snap shots / summaries and analysis.
e) Litigation: Litigation (consumer and civil) with the support of external counsels.
f) Regulatory: Providing guidance on regulations, policies, guidelines and licenses as applicable to relevant sectors and industries, facilitating compliance with regulatory requirements and seeking necessary regulatory approvals.
g) Statutory Compliance: Development and implementation of statutory compliances policies and procedures.
Secretarial issues and matters under the Indian as well as various tax efficient foreign jurisdictions, broadly in respect of:
a) Incorporation of Companies and all associated / related issues with respect to companies;
b) General and routine secretarial matters and compliances relating to companies;
c) Various approvals and permissions under the Indian Companies Act such as relating to managerial appointment / remuneration / waiver from refund of excess remuneration paid to managerial personnel(s), extension of financial year;
d) Board & Shareholders related issues and matters;
e) Corporate Governance – Implementation & Monitoring.
3. OVERSEAS CAPITAL MARKET / INVESTMENT TANSACTIONAL ADVISORY / DEBT & PRIVATE FUNDING
Extensive experience primarily in relation to the financial services and real estate sector in the following activities:
a) Transaction structuring, risk evaluation and documentation for investment transactions for Debt mutual fund schemes such as securitization of receivables, structured finance, etc.;
b) Setting up and implementation of structures for overseas FMP and feeders for Indian mutual fund schemes;
c) Setting up of corporate structures in tax efficient jurisdictions such as Mauritius, Cyprus, Singapore, British Virgin Islands, Isle of Man, Jersey, Cayman Islands, etc.;
d) New fund offer of an India focused International equity fund;
e) International listing of equity shares at the AIM of the London Stock Exchange;
f) International listing of units of a Business Trust on the Singapore Stock Exchange;
g) Setting up of Private Partnership Funds
h) Indian public offerings;
i) Private equity placement;
j) Partnership with Strategic Investor(s);
k) Overseas debt raising; and
l) Monitoring of Compliance with the offshore local laws.
- About Us
- Knowledge Solutions
- Contact Us